All historic district property owners must obtain Historic District Commission (HDC) permission in order to make external renovations prior to applying for city permits.
Contact the Planning Director using the information in the "Contact Us" Section on this page. Early communication will ensure no delays with application.
Download and fill out the application.
Take photos of the front, back, and sides of the building and any architectural details.
Provide pertinent construction documents and sketches. Sample items are appreciated but not required
Email the completed application with subject line “Application to the Historic District Commission" to the Planning Director.
Note: Failure to submit a completed application with all required pictures and construction documents will significantly delay or prevent application approval.
Projects that Require HDC Review
- Replacing roofing, flashing, or gutters
- Replacing or installing siding
- Installing new or replacement windows
- Reconstructing areas of masonry walls, chimneys, floors, etc.
- Reconstructing all or part of a porch
- Installing any new exterior doors (other than storm doors), such as garage doors or security doors
- Installing or replacing signage, including awnings
- Cleaning the building
- Demolishing all or part of a building, including garages