The City of Jackson is applying for HOME Investment Partnership Program – American Rescue Plan (HOME-ARP) funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
These funds must be used to address homelessness and housing instability. The program requires the City to develop an Allocation Plan identifying the use of the funding, which will be submitted to HUD for review and approval before HOME-ARP funding is made available. The Allocation Plan will be submitted as a substantial amendment to the Fiscal Year 2021 Annual Action Plan.
Beginning February 28, 2023, a copy of the draft Allocation Plan can be reviewed at the following locations:
- City Hall: 161 W Michigan Avenue, Jackson, 1st Floor – City Clerk’s Office, 3rd Floor – Community Development Department
- Jackson District Library Carnegie Branch: 224 W Michigan Avenue, Jackson
- Community Action Agency :1214 Greenwood Ave, Jackson
- Shahan-Blackstone North Apts.: 109 Shahan Drive, Jackson
- Reed Manor: 301 Steward Avenue, Jackson
- Chalet Terrace: 316 Barberry Drive, Jackson
- An electronic copy of the Allocation Plan can also be viewed on the City’s website.
All interested parties are encouraged to provide written comments on the draft Allocation Plan to the City of Jackson, ATTN: Cory Mays, 161 W Michigan Avenue, 3rd Floor, Jackson, MI 49201 or by email to email@example.com
. All public comments received during the period from February 28, 2023 to March 15, 2023 will be incorporated into the final Allocation Plan submitted to HUD.
The Jackson City Council also invites citizens to attend a Public Hearing on Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 6:30 p.m. The hearing will be held in the City Council Chambers on the second floor of City Hall, 161 West Michigan Avenue. At the time of the Public Hearing, the Jackson City Council will receive oral comments to the draft Allocation Plan. After the Public Hearing and fulfillment of a 15-day public comment period, the Allocation Plan will be submitted to HUD.