| ||Parking Ticket Fines and Late Fees|
|Parking Violation||Paid before midnight day of issue||Paid after midnight day of issue||Paid in first 3 days (72 hrs)||Paid after 3 days (72 hrs)||Paid after|
|Lot #3 Fee Unpaid|| $7|| $15 || $ - || $ - || $30|
|Overtime Parking|| $7|| $15|| $ - || $ - || $30|
|Obstructing Traffic|| $ -|| $ - || $17 || $34|| $68|
|Parked on Sidewalk|| $ -|| $ -|| $17|| $34|| $68|
|Blocking Any Part of a Driveway|| $ -|| $ - || $17|| $34 || $68|
|Parked within an Intersection|| $ -|| $ - || $17|| $34|| $68 |
|Within 15 Feet of a Fire Hydrant|| $ -|| $ - || $17|| $34 || $68|
|Parked on or within 20 Feet of Crosswalk|| $ -|| $ -|| $17|| $34 || $68|
|Parked within 30 Feet of Stop Sign|| $ -|| $ -|| $17 || $34|| $68 |
|Alley Parking|| $ -|| $ - || $17 || $34 || $68|
|Front Yard Parking|| $ -|| $ -|| $17|| $34|| $68|
|Parking where Prohibited|| $ -|| $ -|| $17|| $34|| $68|
|OTHER|| $ -|| $ -|| $17 || $34 || $68|
|No Permit|| $ -|| $ - || $17|| $34|| $68|
|Expired Permit|| $ -|| $ -|| $17|| $34|| $68|
|Handicap Parking|| $ -|| $ -|| $45|| $90|| $180|
The fine for OVERTIME PARKING and LOT #3 FEE UNPAID is $7.00 if paid before midnight on day of issuance of the citation.
Parking Ticket Payment Options
- Pay online: Pay a parking ticket online using the City website.
- A flat rate service charge of $2.95 will be assessed for tickets paid online.
- Pay by mail: Mail check or money order only (no cash) to City of Jackson Clerk’s Office, 161 W Michigan Ave., Jackson, MI 49201. Postmarks are accepted as evidence of timely payment.
- Pay by 24-hour drop box: Drop box is located outside City Hall, 161 W Michigan Ave.
- Pay in person: If you require a receipt, you may pay 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays at the City Clerk’s Office. First floor of City Hall, 161 W Michigan Ave.
- This option incurs a convenience fee of 3% if paid by credit card.
Bad checks will result in additional fees becoming payable, and possible prosecution under State of Michigan law.
Overpayment of fines will be applied to any other outstanding tickets on that license plate. After applying to outstanding tickets, overpayment will be refunded if it is clear where the refund should go. Otherwise, overpayment will be retained by the City.
Please note, payment plans to pay parking tickets are currently not available.
Appeal a Ticket
Parking tickets may be appealed through the Parking Manager, who will investigate and make a decision on the matter. Be advised that tickets are only eligible for appeal within seven days of receipt. Please note that fines do not increase while the ticket is on hold and being reviewed. Avoid appealing a ticket and paying it at the same time. Payments made on tickets that are on hold represent your wish to admit responsibility for the ticket, and will not be refunded.
- Please use the City of Jackson parking payment website to appeal a ticket.
Invalid Reasons for Appealing a Parking Ticket
The following are generally not considered valid reasons for appealing a parking ticket.
- I have been parking like this for a long time and never received a ticket before.
- No one else received a ticket.
- I didn’t see a ticket on my car.
- I only parked in that space for a few minutes.
- I'm not familiar with parking regulations/driving laws.
- I did not intend to park illegally.
- There aren't enough legal/convenient parking spaces.
- I didn’t see the sign.
- The fine is too much.
- I just don’t think I should have to pay it.
- I am just mad and feel the need to be rude to someone. This tactic will have your appeal declined, no matter the reason!